Work Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Museum of Illusions is the world's largest and fastest-growing museum chain with 45 locations in 27 countries and big plans for further expansion. Our original concept was launched in 2015 and quickly became a recognizable global brand and leading attraction in each city where it was launched.
Our motivated team is rapidly growing, and we invite you to join us in our mission to bring interactive, immersive, and fun experiences to everyone who is eager to have their mind blown.
General Manager Role Overview
The General Manager of the Museum is a senior leadership role responsible for the overall management and operations of the museum. This position entails overseeing the Assistant Manager, Marketing and Sales Manager, and various departments to ensure the museum's success and financial sustainability. The General Manager will be accountable for the museum's Profit and Loss (P&L) performance.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for the museum's growth and sustainability.
- Develop, manage, and monitor the museum's annual budget, ensuring revenue targets are met and expenses controlled.
- Analyze financial performance and make data-driven decisions to improve profitability.
- Supervise and support the Assistant Manager, Marketing and Sales Manager, and Shift Supervisor, ensuring their respective departments operate efficiently and effectively.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Sales Manager to develop and implement marketing and promotional strategies to attract visitors and increase revenue.
- Monitor the effectiveness of marketing initiatives and adjust as necessary.
- Maintain a high standard of visitor experience, ensuring guest satisfaction and engagement.
- Implement feedback mechanisms to continuously improve the museum's offerings.
- Recruit, train, and develop a high-performing team.
- Foster a culture of learning and professional growth within the organization.
- Ensure the museum operates in compliance with all relevant regulations and laws.
- Prepare and submit regular reports to the Board of Directors on the museum's performance and financial health.
- Act as the museum's representative to the community, forging relationships with local organizations, educational institutions, and business clients.
- Participate in community events and initiatives to promote the museum.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in the same or similar job with the same or similar key responsibilities.
- Proven experience in a leadership role within the entertainment industry
- Strong financial management skills with experience in budgeting and P&L responsibility.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a diverse team.
- Knowledge of current best practices within the entertainment environment
- Understanding of marketing, sales, and visitor engagement strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships with donors, sponsors, and the community.
If you don’t think you meet all the criteria but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box - we’re looking for candidates who are particularly strong in a few areas and have some interest and capabilities in others.